Saturday, June 18, 2011

I don't know you...Don't touch my baby! Oh I mean please.

I do not like people I don't know to touch me, I don't like people in check out line standing too close,-I swear I can feel them breathing on me and it makes me want to crawl out of my skin...issues? Probably.- I don't like people thinking that my being pregnant somehow makes my belly not a part of me, and I really, really don't like it when people I don't know or am not that close to touch my baby without asking. It irks me. I have no idea where these peoples hands have been. Yuck. I can't do anything about people standing to close and unfortunately, short of neck punching someone, I can't get people to not touch me, But, There is something I can do about people touching my baby-I wont lie if I have to I would resort to the whole next punching thing in regards to my baby luckily I think I've found a better solution.

My friend Kylee made one of these babies and all I could think was *Genius*! I googled it and found 2 blogs and read what they said(they were slightly different) and then did my own thing, kind of a combo of the 2.


Yes, my sewing box, there on the right, is a fishing tackle box. Don't judge me, it works. :-P

Double sided


This fabric is the fabric that I wanted to use for the babies quilt. Rich didn't like it-he was told that was the last time he would be included in helping pick out fabric, I don't think he was terribly disappointed-so I looked for another 20+ min. I think the fabric I ended up using was perfect for the quilt.
I went back about a week later(alone...well I had 3 boys with me, I obviously didn't think that through), and got this fabric-In your face Ricardo!! haha-which I think is perfect for the carseat canopy/cover(The hubby likes it too, hmm, Maybe I should taken him a long when I get fabric because if he had liked it the quilt wouldn't be nearly as cute...).
It was totally ridiculously easy to make. The hardest thing for me was where to put the straps and then getting them to be straight. I have to say I'm really happy with the turn out!

Now all I have to worry about is people telling me that I'm suffocating my baby under it. It's not shrink wrap folks.

If you want to see the tutorials I used here they are:
http://www.sweetnsassygirls.com/2010/02/how-to-make-a-reversible-car-seat-covertentcanopy.html
http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2010/04/car-seat-cover-aka-greeter-deterrent.html

No comments:

Post a Comment